Stylist invites the renowned QC to reveal why mentoring is the crucial way to get ahead in 2013
This is the year to find your perfect match – we’re thinking less Ryan Gosling and more Sheryl Sandberg – as 2013 is set to be all about the business mentor. Like a business-savvy fairy godmother, a mentor is the perfect way to attain your most sought-after goals and discover how to unleash your potential. Which is why you can’t miss our next Stylist Network event Meet Your Mentor. From finding the perfect individual to guide your career to becoming a mentor yourself, this will be an inspiring night.
Headlining the evening on 4 February in London will be Cherie Blair CBE, QC, barrister, judge, human rights campaigner, charity founder and patron of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, who has been both a mentor and former mentee. Appearing alongside Cherie will be three successful female entrepreneurs who will be giving their invaluable advice as well as holding workshops and networking.
Over fizz and canapés, Cherie will also discuss her own mentoring programme which matches UK women with female entrepreneurs in developing countries. “Mentoring can be the spark that leads to renewed commitment to your own business or career,” she explains. “So it really is win-win.” To sign up to this programme (which will only take two hours a month), visit cherieblair foundation.org. The next deadline for entries is 10 February.
Our Meet Your Mentor event is not to be missed and could revolutionise your career in 2013. We’ll see you there.
- Enjoy bubbly and canapés with the Stylist editor and the team at London’s exclusive May Fair Hotel.
- Hear Cherie Blair give a keynote speech on how mentoring can transform your career and business and take part in a Q&A with her.
- Listen to a panel of successful female entrepreneurs impart their advice.
- Sign up for workshops with Sophie Hodges, one of the founders of mentoring business, Mentore.
- Receive a summary of all the night’s best advice.
Venue: The May Fair Hotel, Stratton Street, London W1J Date: 4 February, 6.30pm-9.30pm Price: £45.
Book your tickets now at stylistnetwork.eventbrite.com