4. Plan your aperitifs with care
Don’t give your guests too much to eat ahead of your festive feasts! More than likely you’ll be serving more food than they would normally eat at the table and it’s good to have them sitting down feeling hungry. Try these to serve before a meal.
Recipe: parmesan and sage wafers
Finely grated parmesan (start with 200g, but grate more depending on how many you’d like to make)
Chopped sage leaves – approx.10 for every 200g of cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Mix the parmesan and sage leaves together
3. Line a baking tray with silicone paper or a silicone mat
4. Place one dessert spoon into a round pastry cutter on your tray and pat down, so the cheese is spread evenly
5. Once you’ve got a full tray, place into the oven for 15 minutes. They should bubble and turn golden. When they have cooled they turn crisp and can be easily removed. We place them in stacks on a plate for people to nibble on before dinner – they are light and a perfect accompaniment to a glass of fizz.